Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Growth of the baby bump!

I was pretty good at documenting my growing belly this pregnancy, thanks to Instagram :)

Overall, it's been a great pregnancy.  We did have a scare last week.  I went in for my 37 week appointment and my belly hadn't grown at all since the previous week.  Dr. Gatherum ordered an Ultrasound and we found out that my amniotic fluid level (AFL) was low (a 7.5 out of 25).  The Dr. said that under a 10 is pretty low, but it's not necessarily dangerous unless the AFL gets below 5.  At my 38 week appointment, yesterday, my AFL was an 8, so just a teeny bit higher than last week.  Dr. Gatherum said he'd induce me next week, but to keep doing kick counts.  I still worry, since the AFL is so low (which is probably one of the reasons my belly hasn't been super huge).  I just want this baby to get here safe and sound!

The first belly shots - 3 weeks (I look so skinny!!!) and 12 weeks

16 weeks

20 weeks

24 weeks

28 weeks

32 weeks

36 weeks

38 weeks

Some things about this pregnancy:

- My face hasn't gotten all chubby!  This is a miracle, my face usually gets chubby, especially by the end.
- I've been able to wear my wedding ring the whole time.  My fingers usually swell, but not this pregnancy.
- I have had the worst heartburn/indigestion.  I can't eat any spicy foods, acidic foods (like anything with tomato sauce, which means no spaghetti or pizza), or anything with too many spices or garlic.  I love to cook, so it's been hard!  I can eat breakfast foods, though!  I could eat eggs, pancakes, german pancakes, etc, every night for dinner.  Oh, and cereal.  Those foods don't make me feel yucky!  And I've been making lots of green smoothies, full of fruits and veggies, so I can get my fruits and veggies in every day.
- I've been able to exercise the whole pregnancy, which has been nice.  I kept my workout routine the same at the beginning, and then had to slow it down towards the end.  I was doing spin, a weight lifting class and lifting weights/doing cardio on my own.  I did stop running at the beginning since I didn't feel great.  I lifted weights until a couple of weeks ago and now I just walk or do the eliptical.  Anything else hurts!  All those ligaments under my belly protest, even when I walk sometimes.
- I get comments all the time about how little my belly is.  At this point, it's not so little, but people still comment on how small it is for how far along I am.
- The girls have been so cute, kissing my belly and giving it hugs.  And telling the baby how much they love him.  I love it, it's so sweet.
- Jake has been such a huge help.  He cleans the floors (which is hard to do with a big belly!), does dishes, helps with the girls and lets me rest when I need to.  I don't know what I would do without him!

2 comments:

April said...

you do look amazing!! I hope all is well. Amy had low amniotic fuild with one of her boys and had to be watched carefully and was induced early I think just 2 weeks early. Glad they are keeping tabs on baby boy. good luck so excited for you and jealous your so tiny and could exercise annd are having him before I am having mine. haha jk so happy for yoU!

The Yoder's Five said...

You were one adorable pregnant lady. Good for you for staying so fit and healthy! It will definitely pay off now that he's here!! Can't wait to meet him!