Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas fun!

There are always lots of fun activities to do in December.  I tried to do lots of fun things with the girls inside since it was so cold outside!!!  Here are some of the things we did that I took pictures of.

We made salt dough ornaments which I baked and then the girls painted (and the girls absolutely love to paint, especially Kate):



And the girls hung their ornaments on the tree in their room when they were done.


We also made Gingerbread Houses.
My gingerbread didn't bake as well as it should have, so the girls made graham cracker houses while the gingerbread continued to bake ... and their friends, Addison and Eli, came and made the Gingerbread Houses with us.  Kate and Eli pretty much just ate the candy, which is why I don't have any pics of them making houses.

Emmy loved making her house!
And here she is with her friend, Addison:

Emmy painted this picture of a nativity one day.  She came and showed it to me - I was so proud of her!  I love the star in the sky.  And the extra person?  The lady who helped Mary "pull the baby out".  So cute :)


And the girls helped me make a T-Shirt for Papa this year for Christmas.  I used their art to make a shirt.  They colored it on freezer paper, I cut it out with an exacto-knife and then painted it onto the shirt with fabric paint.  I love how it turned out!

Here's Emmy's "before" artwork - I forgot to take a pic before I cut out the letters ...

And Kate's "before" artwork (I had to pick just one of the pictures to use):

And here is the end result!

And the girls w/ their Papa!  They adore him.


1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

That is the CUTEST shirt!!! I've never thought of letting the kids design one! Definitely going to have to do that. :)