Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

I decided to make it a tradition that on the night we carve pumpkins, we also make donuts.  We did it last year and it was so much fun!

We had Kid Swap at our house the day we would be carving pumpkins, so I decided to do the donuts while all the kids were there.  I thought it would be fun for them to help.

Top left, we have Eli and Kate.
On the bottom we have Emmy, Emmitt, Addison and Caleb.
And, of course, the donuts frying - I just buy Pillsbury biscuit dough and cut a hole in the middle with a cookie cutter.  When they're done, I sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar.  Easy and delicious!

When daddy got home and the other kids left, it was time to carve!  I decided to roast the pumpkin seeds, so the girls helped me sort through the goo to get the seeds.


 Daddy's the pro at carving at our house.  Kate requested that we carve Jack Scarington.

The end result - good job, dad!


No comments: