Thursday, January 10, 2013

Church callings

 {Some of the YW, my presidency and I}

Jake was called to be the Ward Clerk in our ward this summer (I think maybe in May or June).  I was still the Young Women President, which meant two big callings in our family again.  It was only a big problem once a month when we were both supposed to be at Ward Council.  When my parents were in town, they could watch the girls.

When Jake told the Bishop I was pregnant, he called me in and asked what I'd like to do as far as my calling went.  He would have kept me in if that's what I'd wanted to do.  But I had been Young Women President for two years and with two little kids, one on the way, a husband in school with a big church calling, I felt like it was time to be released.  So I told the Bishop that, by the time I had the baby, it would be okay for him to release me :)

So in September, after over two years as Young Women President, I was released.  It was bittersweet.  I absolutely love those young women!  But I still get to see them every week at church and talk to them.  And knowing the person who replaced me was really helpful for me, knowing they were going into good hands.  It made it easier to be released.

Now I'm calling-less!  I'm not gonna lie, it's been kind of nice not having any church responsibilities other than Visiting Teaching or bringing food to a Ward party.  I know it won't last long, so I'm enjoying it while I can!

No comments: