Friday, March 5, 2010

Family pics by {Auburn Soul Photography}

We had a great weekend last week.  We went up to Salt Lake City for two reasons.

1}  To have a "family council" with Jake's family

and

2}  To have my beautiful and very talented cousin take our family pics!

My cousin, Stephanie, is the super talented photographer of Auburn Soul Photography.  

Ever since she started doing photography, I have been dieing to have her take our pics.  She just has an eye for photography.  She can capture a "moment" so beautifully.  I don't know how she does it, but she does it and she does it well!  The only problem is that she lives in Texas.  As much as I love her, I can't just pack up the fam and head to Texas to get our family pics done (although we could just take a little vacation to Texas sometime . . . what do you say, Steph?).  Luckily, she visits Utah at least one or two times a year.  When I found out she was coming and was going to be doing some sessions, I emailed her immediately.  It was time to get some good pics of the girls and some great family pics done.  And just like that, we were signed up! 

Plus, Steph and I have a history.  We've traveled the world together.  Italy, Germany, France, The Netherlands, England, Mexico and Vegas (don't forget about Vegas, Steph!).  What a perfect traveling partner!  We're already planning our next trip to Mexico together.  With the husbands, of course (although they don't really know about it yet).

I was so excited to see Steph and to have her take our pics!  And believe me, she didn't disappoint!  She took the most beautiful pics of our family, and especially of the girls!  Plus, we had a great time during the shoot.  The girls did great and cooperated until the very end.

Just look:





I love, Love, LOVE how these turned out!  I stole these pics from her website and can't wait to get my very own!!!  I'm already planning on how I'm going to frame them and where they are going to go.  The only problem is that I probably can't frame ALL of the pics she took.  Oh, the problems of having a talented photographer take your family pics . . .

To see more of our shoot, go to Auburn Soul Photography.  And don't forget to leave Stephanie a comment and tell her how talented she is!  Share the love, people.  Share the love.

7 comments:

Mary said...

OMG, they look beautiful! Emmy's hair is getting so long. What a beautiful family you have :)

The Yoder's Five said...

LOVE these!!!!!

Hoylelicious said...

They are so cute - she is amazing!!! I love Emmys curls!

Kanets said...

I love that style of photography! I'm sick of our same ol studio posed family photos. So stinkin cute.

Deirdra said...

So darling! Beautiful girls and you are one hot mama :) Love em!

Deirdra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Well, Steph is a great photographer, but it doesn't hurt that you guys are so beautiful! Love the pics!