Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easy Spring Wreath

My front door has been bare since Valentine's Day.  It was time to add something fun for Spring!  My local Roberts is closing (I know, it's the saddest thing EVER!) and everything in the store is on sale, 50% off. 

I went wanting to find a styrofoam wreath form.  Unfortunately they were all already gone, so I decided to go with a grapevine wreath instead.  I found some cute, bright ribbon and went to work!



This wreath was so easy to make!  I just glued one end of the ribbon to the wreath, wrapped the ribbon around the whole wreath, and then glued the other end to the wreath when I was done.  I did the same thing with the other ribbon, but wrapped it around the opposite way. 

If I had the styrofoam wreath, I would have covered the whole thing in ribbon.  I think it would have been a little cuter that way, but I worked with what I had.



Then I made two bows with the two different ribbons, added some scrapbook flowers and glued it on.  The wreath cost me about $3.00 to make!

I bought the "Happy Easter" sign at Roberts, too, and just hung it on the door hanger in front of the wreath.

I have more Spring projects in the works.  Thank you, Roberts, for having everything 50% off!  But no thank you for closing your doors.  The worst part about it is that Roberts was really the only craft store we had in Cedar City.  What am I supposed to do now?!?!

5 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

So cute! I am so depressed about Roberts, too. I went there yesterday and spent a lot of $$$ but they were completely out of some of the stuff I wanted. I guess I'll just have to go to the one in St. George now. What a PAIN!!

Janice said...

Super cute, Michelle. And I think it looks good with that wreath instead of the styrofoam one! And weird to me that Roberts is closing. Everyone needs a craft store.

April said...

cute!! Isn't it fun to craft and do stuff for ourselves every now and then? love it!

Hoylelicious said...

Cute easy cheap wreath!
Umm they are closing? You would think being the only craft store in town they would be busy!! Thats so weird!

Mrs. B said...

I like it this way; I think it's just as cute as the Styrofoam would have been. And yeah, that doesn't make any sense that you will have no craft store???? Off to St. George, I suppose.