Sunday, December 30, 2012

Emmy's first day of Kindergarten!

Emmy started Kindergarten this year.  I can't believe how fast she's growing up!  Kate will be right behind her.  I need to remind them to stay little for just a little longer ... I will be a little (or a lot) sad next year when Emmy is in school all day and I hardly see her.

Confession time:  I actually thought that Emmy started school the same day that Kate did.  We made this big deal about how the girls were starting school that day and they were both so excited.  I guess I just assumed Emmy would be starting on a Monday (Kindergartners started school a week or two after the other Elementary students).  Well, I finally realized she didn't start school until the next day after talking to a couple of moms and students.  Oops!  So I had to break the news to Emmy (I didn't find out until an hour before I thought school started - good thing she has afternoon Kindergarten, or she would have been heartbroken going to school, just to find out she had to leave) and she didn't take it very well.  She started crying and I told her I was so sorry.  We made it up by going to McDonalds for lunch, and that somehow made it a little better :)

 Here is Emmy with her "First Day of School" sign:

And she had to strike a pose ... or two:

Walking up to her classroom:

Hanging up her backpack:

Listening to the teacher!

Emmy has Mrs. Wood this year and we absolutely love her.  Emmy is such a good girl and loves Kindergarten.  She's getting so excited to start reading - she's learned a lot of sight words and every time she sees them in a book we're reading, she makes sure to point them out.  I can't wait until she can read all by herself.  She loves sounding words out while reading and writing (and I love it when I see words she has written by sounding them out). 

I've been volunteering in Emmy's class once a week for Centers.  Emmy loves it when I come!  When it's time for me to leave, she never wants me to go.  She is my little mommy's girl and I love it.

No comments: