Saturday, December 12, 2009

Singing {and more singing}

I've had the opportunity to do a lot of singing this holiday season.  It's always such a great way for me to really get into the holiday spirit.



My sister and I were asked to be the entertainment at the opening ceremony of the American Children's Christmas Festival in Cedar City the day after Thanksgiving.  It was held outside and it was freezing!  But it was a lot of fun.



They wanted us to sing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" while Santa came in the firetruck, but we thought it would be a lot cuter if Emmy and my niece, Ella, sang it instead.  Emmy has to sing that song every night before bed at least twice, so she already knew it.  They did such a great job!  They weren't scared of the crowd and Emmy ended up grabbing the microphone out of my hand so she could hold it herself.



I love singing with my sister.  Our voices have similar tones so they blend really well together.  Plus, she's one of my favorite people in the world, so it's always a good time singing with her!


My beautiful sister!




My sister and I also sing at the Dicken's Festival every year in St. George.  I love singing there.  It's so festive and fun!  If you haven't been, you should definitely go next year if you're in the area.

 
Dylan, my 9-year-old nephew, took this pic.  Great job, Dyls!

I was also asked to sing at my ward's Relief Society Christmas dinner.  I asked my friend, Jessica to sing with me.  We sang "Silent Night," one of my favorite Christmas songs.  Thanks, Jess!

I also sang last night at the Christmas Recital for my voice students.  All of my students did such a good job!  Some of them haven't been taking voice lessons very long, and they got up there and performed with no fear!

It's such a great time of year to be able to share my talent, a talent God has given me, and to be able to sing about the Savior.  It has helped me to really focus on what is important this holiday season.  It's fun to give and receive gifts, but remembering the Savior is what Christmas time is all about.  More of that to come . . .

P.S.  Did you notice that it's "snowing" on my blog?  You can make yours snow, too.  Just go HERE.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You and your sister are both very beautiful! That's so great that you have such a fun gift to share with others.