Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread House!



I decided to start a new tradition this year.  Making gingerbread houses!  And not the store-bought kind.  I mean totally from scratch!  So I got my mom's gingerbread house recipe and went to work.  It was way easier than I thought it would be!  And making the gingerbread made it a lot more festive and fun.  Thanks to my friend, Jessica, for inviting us over to decorate them!  If she wouldn't have invited us, I may never have started this tradition.

I didn't take any pics of us decorating the gingerbread house, but I got an adorable pic of Emmy showing off her masterpiece!  Ok, so I decorated most of it, but Emmy did help put a bunch of the candy on.  Until next year when we get to do this again!




4 comments:

Mary said...

Emmy is so sinkin cute! Me & Jeni decorated gingerbread houses from scratch 2 years ago. It was tons of fun! Yours turned out really cute.

syerke said...

Hi Michelle! Hey I didn't know YOU had a blog! Now we both know and we can be bloggin buds.
Yes I had a baby boy on Sept 30, we named him Christopher, and yes we are back in UT! Just not in Cedar :( We're in Tooele, which is starting to grow on me a bit. And it's a good thing because it's looking pretty permanent. Craig has been working at the hospital for 2 weeks now and we are hoping to close on a house by the end of the month. Hopefully all goes well and the house we picked out will be ours! Oh What a Happy New Year it will be!

Congrats on having another baby girl! Both Kate and Emmy are beautiful! Emmy looks just like you. I'm sure you're going to have to fight the boys off with a stick soon, if you haven't already. Just don't let her know how beautiful she is. :)
I actually still on Maternity at Enterprise. (all those years of sticking with it has just paid off). This week is my last but no I will not be going back to work. I'm thinking about maybe teaching some swimming lessons in the summer...mostly because I hope to get a free pass out of it. :)
So how are you guys? Looks like you're doing good and having tons of fun enjoying the holiday season! Hey if you want to email me back its syerke30@hotmail.com. Or Facebook...

Bromleys said...

I so miss hearing you and Lindsey sing! That was always awsome. I used to brag to everyone about this girl I knew named Michelle, who could knock your socks off. Wish I could hear you. Make me a cd... He he he (kidding... but let me know if you ever get a record deal, I'll buy the first one).

The Evans' said...

You will be so proud...I looked at both of your blogs. yay for me. Im going to try my hardest to keep up on the blog thing better. Lots of cute pics my beautiful sister!!!love you;)