Monday, July 23, 2012

Emmy's first {missing} tooth!

April 7th, 2012 was a special day this year.
Not only was it my 31st birthday, it was the day Emmy lost her first tooth!  All day, Emmy kept saying, "I can't believe I lost my tooth on your birthday!"  Seriously, she said it about 25 times - she was so excited that she lost it on my birthday.

This is how it went down:
Emmy was taking a shower (er, playing in the shower) when all of the sudden I hear her yelling that her tooth is gone.  I ran in the bathroom, actually thinking she was maybe teasing me, and there it was - her missing tooth!  One of her top teeth is loose, so I thought maybe that one somehow came out, but it wasn't the top tooth at all, it was her right-front-bottom tooth.  Apparently she had been playing with the wash rag, put it in her mouth, bit down and pulled, when POP!  Her tooth came right out!  

 
Unfortunately, we didn't save the tooth, it went down the drain before we even got there.  So Emmy left a special note for the Tooth Fairy:

"Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost my tooth today down the drain
Love,
Emmy Malie"

The Tooth Fairy left Emmy a one dollar bill.  She was so excited!

That wiggly top tooth is getting more and more loose - I'm sure there will be more posts about more missing teeth soon!

No comments: