Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kate Isabella {1 Year Pictures & Update}


Here are Kate's stats from her 1 year well check:

{Weight} : 23 lbs 7 oz (88th percentile)
{Height} : 32 1/2 inches (Off the charts! She was above 100th percentile!)

She is SO tall! Everyone comments on how tall she is and the fact that she's off the charts in height just proves that.


Here is what Kate has been up to lately:

- She started walking! She takes a few steps here and there when she gets brave enough. And she L.O.V.E.S holding our hand and walking. Really just a finger will do. Anything to make her feel safe and secure while she walks. She doesn't need us to balance, just to feel safe. She'll be walking all the time on her own so soon. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

- She's learning new words every day! Here is a list of the words she can say:
*Uh-oh
*Mama
*Dada
*Papa
*Bye Bye
*Yeah!
*Hi
*Cah Cah

- She knows a couple animal sounds - "Quack Quack" and "Woof Woof"

- She can point to her head, ears, nose, tongue and when you ask her if she wants to wash her hands, she starts rubbing them together, like she's washing her hands!

- She LOVES getting into EVERYTHING! She especially loves the garbage can (I'm always finding her with half-eaten tissues and used dental floss in her mouth {SO gross, I know!} so garbage cans have had to go up high so she can't get to them), toilet paper roll, Emmy's play food in her fridge and the books on Emmy's bookshelf. Pretty much anything that will make a big mess.

- She has {11} teeth. Almost 12! Her last molar is about to break through. Those molars are no fun.

- She loves to eat strawberries {her favorite!}, blueberries, applesauce and yogurt. She's a pretty good eater, she'll try anything, but getting her to keep eating is a challenge. She'll eat a few bites of anything, but then she starts chucking it all on the floor. What can I say, she likes to make lots of messes!

- I am in the Primary Presidency and Jake is in the Elder's Quorum Presidency, so we juggle her around between the two of us at church, which is hard right now since she always wants to hold our hand and walk. A Nursery worker volunteered to take her to Nursery and she loved it! Maybe they'll take her more often :)



We did a {photo shoot} for Kate for her One Year Pictures.

My dad and I both like photography, and between the two of us I think we got some pretty good shots. Of course, when you've got a subject as cute as Kate, it's not hard to get some good pictures. I'm still figuring out Photoshop (Photoshop Elements is so much easier for me to use! Anyone have any Photoshop advice?) so the editing on the pics isn't great, but like I said, Kate is cute so the pictures are great!






4 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

Happy Birthday! Wow I cant believe that is has been a year already! She is just so stinking cute! time for another one tee hee! :)

The Yoder's Five said...

Happy birthday Kate! Those are some cute pics. I am a total dunce at Photoshop. You can do a lot of cool things with Picasa and it's free and easy. I like it. That last picture is my fave!!

Christina P. said...

Those look great! I can't believe she is already 1! She is her sisters twin!

April said...

I can't believe she's 1! So cute such a fun age.