Monday, October 5, 2009

The mountains

A few weeks ago, my parents decided to go camping. They invited us to come, but I wasn't ready to pack up the family for an overnight camping trip just yet with a new baby (hey, she's still new to me!). So we did the next best thing . . . we went up and had dinner with them, drove home and slept in our own beds :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the outdoors and I love to camp, but September at night in the mountains with a 3 month old baby is a little too cold.

So we ate some delicious dutch oven, hung out for a little while, then went home and slept like babies in our own beds. It's a good thing, too, because my parents said it got pretty cold. I knew I was smart not to stay overnight!

Emmy thought it was important to sweep the dirt :)

Kate really enjoyed herself in the great outdoors :)

Emmy had so much fun playing in the tent. Her hair had a lot of fun getting really static-y. She's got a great frizz halo going on.

I love Quaking Aspens. They are my favorite tree.

5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

That really is the best kind of camping. All the fun without the freeze and hard ground.

Mary said...

I for sure wouldn't be staying over night with a 3 month old baby either. But the mountains are tons of fun. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Stephanie said...

I SOOO would love to take your family pics. You guys are so cute! Plus you my cousin and I love you.
If you have any friends in cedar just gather them all together and I'll make a trip down there for you. And your session will be free if you invite 4 families!

Bromleys said...

I love your cute little girls and i love your ode to Kate entry. It was so cute and touching. So fun seeing what you're up to lately.

The Yoder's Five said...

Hey--you have the right idea when it comes to camping. I love your blog and your cute little girls! I'll have to add you to my friends list.

PS. I saw the article about you and Jessica and your new company. Hope it goes well!!