Overall, it's been a great pregnancy. We did have a scare last week. I went in for my 37 week appointment and my belly hadn't grown at all since the previous week. Dr. Gatherum ordered an Ultrasound and we found out that my amniotic fluid level (AFL) was low (a 7.5 out of 25). The Dr. said that under a 10 is pretty low, but it's not necessarily dangerous unless the AFL gets below 5. At my 38 week appointment, yesterday, my AFL was an 8, so just a teeny bit higher than last week. Dr. Gatherum said he'd induce me next week, but to keep doing kick counts. I still worry, since the AFL is so low (which is probably one of the reasons my belly hasn't been super huge). I just want this baby to get here safe and sound!
The first belly shots - 3 weeks (I look so skinny!!!) and 12 weeks
Some things about this pregnancy:
- My face hasn't gotten all chubby! This is a miracle, my face usually gets chubby, especially by the end.
- I've been able to wear my wedding ring the whole time. My fingers usually swell, but not this pregnancy.
- I have had the worst heartburn/indigestion. I can't eat any spicy foods, acidic foods (like anything with tomato sauce, which means no spaghetti or pizza), or anything with too many spices or garlic. I love to cook, so it's been hard! I can eat breakfast foods, though! I could eat eggs, pancakes, german pancakes, etc, every night for dinner. Oh, and cereal. Those foods don't make me feel yucky! And I've been making lots of green smoothies, full of fruits and veggies, so I can get my fruits and veggies in every day.
- I've been able to exercise the whole pregnancy, which has been nice. I kept my workout routine the same at the beginning, and then had to slow it down towards the end. I was doing spin, a weight lifting class and lifting weights/doing cardio on my own. I did stop running at the beginning since I didn't feel great. I lifted weights until a couple of weeks ago and now I just walk or do the eliptical. Anything else hurts! All those ligaments under my belly protest, even when I walk sometimes.
- I get comments all the time about how little my belly is. At this point, it's not so little, but people still comment on how small it is for how far along I am.
- The girls have been so cute, kissing my belly and giving it hugs. And telling the baby how much they love him. I love it, it's so sweet.
- Jake has been such a huge help. He cleans the floors (which is hard to do with a big belly!), does dishes, helps with the girls and lets me rest when I need to. I don't know what I would do without him!