Okay, I know this sounds strange, but I am loving mustard right now! I'm not usually a big fan, just a little tiny bit on my sandwich or burger. But this pregnancy is throwing me off! I'm finding that I'm craving food with mustard all the time. Don't worry, I'm not eating it by the spoonful or anything, but I'm putting a lot more than normal on my food, like on my sandwiches. Oh, and I've been buying corn dogs just so that I can eat mustard with them! What? I know, it's a little strange, especially because I'm usually a big ketchup gal. But pregnancy cravings could be worse, right? What are some weird pregnancy cravings you've had?
Friday, January 23, 2009
Yesterday was my beautiful mom's birthday! It's a big milestone birthday, the big 6-0!!! Can you believe it? She definitely doesn't look 60. So since it is such a milestone, my sister and I decided to throw her a surprise party! And boy was she surprised! My dad invited a few of their friends and we had a great time eating a yummy dinner and homemade ice cream - yum yum! Homemade ice cream is a Hansen family tradition! Here are some highlights of the night:
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Emmy and I had a dance party the other day. We had so much fun laughing, dancing and playing! She still loves to play dress up and likes to get in her dresses when we dance :)
Here are some cute things that I forgot to put in the last Emmy post:
- The other day, she put her hands on my cheeks and said "Cute, mommy, cute!"
- She absolutely LOVES her Papa (my dad). She follows him around everywhere, like a little puppy.
- She's started singing her ABC's
- She can count to ten
- She likes to take her clothes off and start singing "nakey nakey!" while shaking her hips
I tried downloading a cute little video of Emmy dancing, but it won't work! Hopefully I can get it to work later so that I can post it :)
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
A couple of weeks ago, while we were taking down our Christmas decorations, I found a . . . Christmas present that Santa forgot to give to Emmy! It wasn't even wrapped! What was Santa thinking, hiding a present in the back of my closet? Silly Santa!!! So, Emmy got to open her Princess art kit! The sad thing is, it was supposed to be one of her main presents. I remember thinking she should have something else when I was wrapping presents. It just got lost in the back of our closet (our closet is huge and wraps around to under the stairs). Santa is so silly sometimes!
Monday, January 12, 2009
I've been in a little bit of a blogging rut lately. With the holidays and having family around, we were pretty busy, and now I'm just out of the habit, I guess! And I haven't really been taking many pictures lately.
So to get me out of this rut, I wanted to post about Emmy. She is growing up so much and just gets cuter everyday. Here is what she has been doing lately:
- She loves to sing and make up songs. She just sings about random things - cleaning, marshmallows, anything she can think of!
- She also loves to sing "Twinkle Twinkle" and "I am a child of God." The other day, after we put her down for a nap, we could hear her singing (loudly) a song from Pete's Dragon. And, of course, she loves to sing the songs from the Disney movies.
- The terrible two's are definitely hitting hard these days. She loves to throw a good tantrum when she doesn't get her way.
- Her favorite TV show is Max and Ruby. She asks to watch it ALL the time! We have been cutting back on TV time, so she doesn't get to watch it as often as she'd like (or as I'd like sometimes . . .)
- Her favorite foods are macaroni & cheese, chicken nuggets, apples and fruit snacks. Her favorite drink is milk.
- She loves to make me "food" in her kitchen. It's usually eggs, strawberries and juice :)
- Everywhere we go, people just love Emmy! She's got such a spunky and outgoing personality, she makes friends wherever she goes.
- She always calls older women "grandma". It is so funny! We'll be in the grocery store and she'll just yell out, "Grandma!" Of course, the old ladies love it :)
Emmy is such a special little person for us to have in our home. She brings challenges and joys everyday. And I know she will be such a fun big sister!
Monday, January 5, 2009
These are pics of the second half of our cruise. We ported in Mazatlan and then Puerto Vallarta. Then we had two days at sea while we headed back to California. It was a great vacation, even though I missed Emmy like crazy!
Well, since we've been back from our cruise for over two weeks, I guess it's time to post about it! We had such a great time! We drove all night on Friday night to California with our friends, the Corsers. We arrived around 5 am and slept until 9 am at Grant's grandpa's house. Then we had to get on the road again to get to the boat dock in LA. Needless to say, we were so tired by the time we got on the ship!
Jake got so sick the first night! He gets motion sickness really bad and the water was really choppy that first night. Luckily, he felt much better after that first night